Our proposal to transform the grade two-listed St John the Evangelist, Blackburn, into an innovation hub have been submitted for planning approval.
St Johns Church dates back to 1788 and was used as a place of worship until 1975 when it closed and was later transferred to council ownership to become an arts centre.
Having sustained significant fire damage in 2019, which left the building open to the elements, approval of the plans would see new life injected into the town centre building.
Working with heritage specialists Crosby Granger, the proposals respond to the strong geometries of the existing building and incorporate the restoration of the surviving historic features.
The innovation hub will form the first phase of the £250m masterplan for Blackburn town centre, providing lettable desks, coworking spaces and 20 offices.